Kenyon has worked with middle school and high school students as a band director and frequent honor band clinician, aspiring saxophonists as a university saxophone and jazz instructor, and other musicians across the globe through his popular video lessons and private Skype coaching.
Kenyon is also an internationally known recording artist having released three full length albums. Six tracks from those albums went on to become charting singles and can be heard on contemporary jazz radio around the world.
Drawing from his diverse experiences, Kenyon is known for making the complex simple. His most recent project, “Bebop Boot Camp,” uses cutting edge brain science, clever analogies, and the power of deliberate practice to help musicians play better solos and truly improvise authentic bebop lines in just eight weeks.
Although originally from Georgia, Kenyon is currently traveling the United States with his wife Chris and their dog Maggie in a forty foot motor coach exploring America.
In this episode:
- Growing up in Georgia and falling in love with music.
- The teachers that made a huge influence in Kenyon’s musical life.
- Bebop Boot Camp and how it can turn very complicated ideas into valuable lessons and exercises.
- What it’s like to be traveling the country and meeting musicians from all over.
- Kenyon answers our 5 questions!