Adam Larson is quickly becoming one of the most recognized names in the jazz world. Adam hails from Normal, IL and now lives, teaches, and performs in the New York City area. Adam has four albums as a leader and his latest album, Second City, received a four star rating in Downbeat and was listed as one of the best recordings of 2017. Adam is endorsed by P. Mauriat Saxophones and Vandoren.
His prowess on the saxophone and his work in education have impacted listeners and students from across the world. Adam is doing big things both on the playing side and he is getting ready to release his first etude book called Leaps and Sounds at the end of the month. We caught up with Adam to talk about a variety of things in this week’s episode. This interview is enlightening in many different ways and Adam has a way of explaining concepts and things to think about in a very clear and easy to understand manner. This episode is a little bit more tactile than others so if you’re looking for information that you can put into action immediately, you’re in the right place!
In this episode we discuss:
- Adam’s background and how he found himself in NYC.
- His new etude book Leaps and Sounds and when you can get your hands on it.
- His approach to being as creative as possible during his practice time.
- Putting together bands with incredible musicians and playing the NYC club circuit.
- His Skype lesson studio.
- Adam answers the famous 5 questions with some very interesting things to say.