New York Born and raised multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, producer, and songwriter, Augie Bello’s musical style is distinctly eclectic and incorporates elements of funk, pop, r&b, jazz and electronic music. Taking influence from artists including, Allen Stone, Michael Brecker, Mura Masa, Amy Winehouse, and multiple others has given him an extremely unique sound.
Soon after starting college at The New School for Jazz, Bello realized that with music as a career, he needed to create his own opportunities and success. With this knowledge, Bello started to post videos of his music to Instagram in 2018. Since then, he has grown a following of over 59k people who are eager to hear his original music. Through Instagram, Bello has met and recorded with multiple artists including, Teddy Swims, Austin Kolbe and many others.
Since the beginning of his musical journey, Bello has been bringing his comedic personality and unique style into everything he does. With each day, his goal is to make someone smile and this shines through with the music he plays and creates.
In this interview, taken during the NAMM Show in January 2020, we talked about:
- How he’s built a large following on social media
- How he makes the transition from the practice room to the stage
- The best goal to have as a performer
- His mindset for playing at jams
- How to perform for your audiences
- How he approaches altissimo – he shares the exact fingerings he uses
- How he performs split tones
- His latest single at the time, Candy
- And so much more!
“It’s not how many notes you play, it’s how you play the notes” Augie Bello
You can watch the video of this interview HERE
Augie’s Social Media Links: