Daniel Bennett is a saxophonist, woodwind artist, educator, and band leader based out of New York. Daniel has been hailed as one of the most original and unpredictable voices of his generation. Daniel leads his group all over the country on a regular basis, spreading his music to fans of creative music far and wide. This episode will be eye opening in many ways for all of the musicians listening that want a multi-faceted career in this field. Daniel wears many hats and he wears them well. When he is not touring with his ensemble, he is teaching, composing, and playing in many orchestra pits in New York. He does this all while balancing a home and family life. I hope you enjoy our episode with Daniel Bennett!
In this episode:
- Why Daniel composes exclusively on guitar.
- What life is like touring 100+ days a year.
- How Daniel balances his home life with his professional life.
- What a classical saxophone degree from the New England Conservatory did for his confidence.
- What it means to have an original voice in today’s musical landscape.
- Daniel answers the famous 5 questions and answers them well!