This week we got a chance to speak with the immensely talented young saxophonist, Alex Hahn. Alex is based in Los Angeles and is doing really big things in the music world. He has performed with some of the best musicians in the business during his career including, Hancock, Esperanza Spalding, Bob Mintzer, Peter Erskine, John Clayton, Russell Ferrante, and John Daversa. He also recorded on Michael Bublé’s latest album, “Nobody but Me.”
Alex is a breath of fresh air in the music world. Someone who is not afraid to utilize social media, produce amazing video content, and do the things that our new digital world require to rise to the top of the heap. Alex is also a really nice guy with a down to earth approach to what he does. We hope you enjoy our conversation with Alex Hahn!
In this episode:
- Why and how Alex took to the saxophone and why it became such a big part of his life.
- What it was like to play with so many of his heroes already in his young career.
- The music scene in Los Angeles.
- The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz.
- What lies on the horizon for Alex and what he would like to do with his music.
- Social media and the role it plays in today’s landscape for musicians.