This week we had a great conversation with Marco Pignataro. Marco is the director of the Berklee Global Jazz Institute in Boston as well as holding numerous high level positions in jazz festivals, organizations, and institutes across the globe. When you combine that with his amazing ability as a saxophonist, you get the total package! Marco is a true ambassador of the music and we speak at length about what that means to him.
Marco also has a brand new album that features Adam Cruz, Alan Pasqua, Eddie Gomez, and George Garzone titled, Almas Antiguas. This album is truly inspirational and the playing is really pushing the boundaries forward. Please enjoy our interview with the great, Marco Pignataro!
In this episode:
- What it’s like to be a truly international artist and educator and to live as a citizen of the world.
- Growing up in Italy and then making the move to the United States.
- Holding the position as saxophone chair at the Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico.
- Heading the Berklee Global Jazz Institute.
- Marco answers our famous 5 questions!