Phil Rovner founded Rovner Products in 1974, when he created the Original Dark ligature. To this day, that ligature is still one of the top sellers in the entire Rovner catalog.
Over the years, more Classic models were developed, such as the Light, the Eddie Daniels (the Versa replaced this one), and the Mk III.
When George Reeder, current President and Co-Owner of Rovner Products took over in 2014, the ligature catalog has expanded to include the Next Generation ligatures: The Versa X, the Star Series, The Legacy, The Platinum, Platinum Gold and the Van Gogh.
Since then, he and his wife and Co-Owner, Lynn, have developed more products, with some new surprises for NAMM 2019.
George and Lynn are always innovating and making the ligatures better and better, just like their predecessor, Phil Rovner.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- the history of Rovner Products
- how important the “somatic experience” is for musicians
- detailed descriptions of each ligature
- how each ligature provides a specific solution to a performance issue or meets a new performance demand
- how each ligature has a certain behavior
- and much more
You will want to take notes on this episode!
Check out the video interview below (and please share 😊)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download