Having been born in Canada, grown up in Nigeria, studied music at University of North Texas, and touring in places such as Siberia, Jeff Antoniuk, truly brings a world-wide experience to his performance and teaching.
Jeff has performed with Tim Hagans, Sherrie Maricle, Ingrid Jensen, Walt Weiskopf and Marcus Miller. He has fronted his own bands as a performer and composer, winning accolades from JazzTimes Magazine.
Jeff is a well-respected educator, having conducted over 2500 jazz masterclasses all over the world. He started the Maryland Summer Jazz Camp 15 years ago, and is the founder and creator of JazzWire.net, an online jazz education learning resource and community for adult amateur jazz players.
We had the most fun conversation!
In this interview, we talked about:
- What Jeff thinks about when he tries out ligatures
- Accessories and how they affect our playing, both mentally and physically
- The biggest benefits from online learning
- How he determines his rubric for teaching adult students in his JazzWire.net community
- The distinction between practicing about music vs practicing music
- And most importantly, the hair products he uses
- And more
In addition to listening to the podcast, you can also watch the interview on our YouTube channel
You can read more about Jeff here: http://www.jeffantoniuk.com/
And about JazzWire here: https://jazzwire.net/