Tomplay is an interactive sheet music app which is used by more than one million musicians across 72 countries, and by hundreds of schools and conservatories worldwide.
The interactive sheet music scrolls automatically on the screen synchronized with high-quality recordings of professional musicians.
Musicians can access a catalog of over 40,000 sheet music arrangements for 26 different instruments in the Tomplay app.
In this episode, I spoke with a fellow saxophonist, Julia Sprossman.
Being a passionate hobby saxophonist, Julia has enjoyed many years of classical music education. Her next musical goal is to improve her Jazz improvisation skills.
At TomPlay, Julia is looking after the German and English speaking clients and partner music schools to make sure all musicians have a great experience using Tomplay.
We talked about:
- How TomPlay was created from a gap in the backing tracks industry
- Letting the Secret out! (The next version of TomPlay will have this much-requested capability)
- How TomPlay adapted during the pandemic to create a brand new feature for ensembles
- Extensive TomPlay app demo and its features
- How to use TomPlay to transcribe and study others’ solos
- How to use TomPlay on gigs; creating Setlists and more
- Special features for Music Teachers and their students
- How TomPlay can be adapted for special learners
Video for this episode
Contact Tomplay: www.tomplay.com/contact
Or email support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna’s Review: https://youtu.be/2s4g7DQhjIs
Donna’s Discount on the annual plan (normally $97.99/yr USD)
- Click on this link: https://tomplay.com/premium-trial?ref=donnaschwartz1
- Create your account or login to your account if you already have one.
- Enter the promo code DONNA30 and fill out the rest of the form with your information.
- You have now unlimited free access to the whole Tomplay catalog for 14 days and can enjoy a 30% discount on the yearly subscription after the trial ends. Your free trial can also be used in our IOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android (tablet and smartphone) apps. Simply login in the apps to your Tomplay account and you will have automatically access.
Our sponsor for this episode is…
To learn more about why Derek Brown, Gerald Albright, and Eddie Daniels exclusively play Legere, visit www.legere.com
And for a limited time, if you live in the US or Canada, use the code EVERYTHINGSAX for 10% off at their store at shop.legere.com.
The store is only available to US and Canadian residents.
Want to be a part of keeping the podcast going?
Did you know you can get a complete listing of all our shows, as well as Bonus videos and searchable transcripts? All you need to do is become a Patron!
Patrons play a huge role in helping to defray the costs of storing each episode’s video and audio, and producing and hosting the show.
And, with their small monthly donation of $2 or more, they help keep the great interviews coming. If you want to become a patron and support the show, head on over to our PATREON site