Michael Lowenstern, widely considered one of the finest bass clarinetists in the world, has performed, recorded and toured as a soloist and with ensembles of every variety.
He has performed with groups such as the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and the Klezmatics, and has 6 solo recordings to date.
Michael’s Earspasm YouTube channel contains hundreds of videos that have become a source of information and edutainment for millions of viewers across the globe. And when he’s not teaching via the internet, he’s traveling regularly as a guest lecturer at universities across the world. When he’s stuck in New York, Michael serves on the faculty of the Manhattan School of Music and the Juilliard School.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – — –
Here’s what you’ll discover in this episode:
- the importance of knowing your audience
- how being a musician benefits every aspect of your life
- why Mike is “snarky” in his videos
- how he came up with the name, Earspasm
- why his videos are not all about him performing
- and what does it take to be a “musician” today.
Also, if you’d like to see the full review of the Blue Ridge Horns Aidu Ligatures, check it out here:
Also make sure to check the Blue Ridge Horns Website to see all of their great products!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Fantastic web site. Lots of helpful information here.
I’m sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.
And of course, thanks for your effort!