Roberto’s Winds, at 149 W. 46th St, New York City, is one of the very few music shops left standing today in the world-famous area that used to be known as Music Row.
In this episode, Donna chats with Roberto Romeo about:
- The history of the shop, and the many famous saxophone players that frequent his store
- How Roberto got started with repair
- His famous Mark VI Room!
- The origin of Roberto’s reeds and his guarantee
- His own brands of horns, wooden ligatures and reeds that players such as Tim Price, Artie Shepp and Pharoah Sanders use
- How to care for a wooden ligature
- Innovative ideas for local music shops to survive against Amazon
You can learn more about Roberto’s Winds HERE
If you have questions about Roberto’s products, contact him at: info@RobertosWinds.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download