Roxy Coss is an accomplished saxophonist who has just released her fourth album as a leader, “The Future Is Female.” Roxy is an important modern voice in jazz and is doing great things in the New York scene and beyond. In this episode we talk about Roxy’s career as a player and her work as an advocate for women in jazz. Jazz musicians have always been a force for change and Roxy is doing some important work to level the playing field and make a career in music a reality for everyone.
We know you’re going to love this episode, Roxy drops a lot of knowledge on us about sound, education, and what it’s like to be one of the first call musicians in jazz today. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Roxy started her organization Women In Jazz Organization.
- Playing with the powerhouse, Diva Jazz Orchestra.
- What her experience was like at William Paterson University.
- Who her important teachers were and why.
- Her brand new album and why you should hear it.
Check out the video interview below (and please share 😊)