Sam Dillon is one of the top call tenor saxophone players on the New York scene. In this episode we caught up with Sam and our chat is both informative and inspiring to anyone looking to know what it takes to make it today as a jazz musician. Sam’s approach to the music and being a musician is refreshing. He truly is in it for the long haul and genuinely loves what he does. Sam is also preparing for a big year of releasing recordings and continuing his packed and exciting schedule of gigs. Enjoy our interview with the great, Sam Dillon!
- What checking out the legendary recordings did for Sam at the start of it all.
- Important teachers in Sam’s life that led him down the right path.
- How Sam makes sure his incredible saxophone technique stays up to par.
- Performing in the Monk Competition.
- Exciting projects in 2019.
- Sam answers our 5 questions!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
another great interview Nick! Have to check out some of his music now……
Great podcast and keep up the good work. Hi Donna, you sound like you are talking into a tin can, is there anyway to fix this? Can you also add the five questions that Nick uses towards the end of his interviews? I find these questions to be very informative. I can’t wait to hear more from Steve Goodson.
Hi Sean, For some interviews, due to the connection we had, I could not use my usual equipment.
As for the 5 questions, Nick and I like to run the interviews according to our own styles. Sometimes I may use them.
Thanks for your thoughts.