Tim is a world-class artist, performer and educator worldwide, a Berklee College of Music graduate and one of the country’s foremost woodwind artists.
Tim has played with musicians like Bennie Green, Hans Dulfer, Lew Tabackin, Ray Drummond, Jon Mayer, Greg Bandy, James Gadson, Don Patterson, Billy James, Major Holley, Alan Dawson, Bill Doggett, Jack Mc Duff, Cecil Payne, Richie Cole, Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones, Gary Burton, Doc Severinson, Dr. John, Lew Tabackin, Charlie Mariano, Shirly Scott, Trudy Pitts, Bootsie Barnes, Sonny Stitt, Ernie Krivda, Rachel Z, Larry Young, George Young, Sweet Sue Terry, Greg Piccolo & Super Heavy Juice and Claire Daly.
He’s performed in the big bands of Tommy Dorsey, Cab Calloway, and Harry James.
He’s played soul and rock shows with Aretha Franklin, Billy Paul, The 5th Dimension, Lou Christie, Lloyd Price, Four Tops, Ike Turner, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others from that idiom.
Tim was a featured writer for the Saxophone Journal, and still contributes regularly to the online Sax on the Web website forum.
Tim performs and does clinics throughout the world. He teaches private instruction in New York City and from his home studio in Reading, Pennsylvania.
In this interview, Tim spoke about:
- His ground-breaking projects with Philadelphia Jazz
- His amazing work with the Satellites are Spinning, an Homage to Sun Ra
- A Radical concept that can expose people to Jazz in any city you live in
- How to stop performing for low or no pay
- What his Berklee teacher, John La Porta, taught Tim at the time that was the best lesson he could have ever learned
- How to play in a big band section
- His mindset strategies for dealing with improvising in public
“The greatest practitioners are out on the sidewalks…” Tim Price
Check out the video interview below (and please share 😊)